Following are the rules, regulations and conduct requirements for all participants in the Metropolitan Basketball League Basketball Tournaments.
- There will be NO PROFANITY used on the court or on the team benches. Will result in a technical foul or ejection.
- There will be NO FIGHTING on or off of the court. Any players or teams running off the bench onto the court to instigate or participate in a fight will be ejected from the tournament with NO REFUND. It will be the responsibility of the coaches to restrain their players and remove them from the court. Failure to do so could also result in your team being ejected from the tournament.
- All players will extend courtesy before and after each game
- All games will consist of two 20 min halves (15 min for Jr Divisions), 5 min halftime, 3 min overtime, three full time-outs and two 20 sec time-outs per game.
- NBA Rules will apply for Unlimited Division. High School Rules will apply for all other divisions.
- Forfeit occurs (20) twenty minutes after scheduled start time. Team may be ejected after 2 forfeit games.
- There will be a Running clock (EVEN THROUGH TIME-OUTS) except for the last 2 minutes of the second half, when the clock stops at every whistle or dead ball.
- All teams MUST play in official Tournament uniforms. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- Formal protests can only be made after a game is played. The decision of the majority rules. Under no circumstances will disputes be handled on the court during play.
- No player can be added to a roster after the 4th week of play. If a coach knows that a player’s availability is limited they must make this known to the tournament staff before the 4th week of play.
- No team will carry more than (10) ten players on an active roster, unless there is a player that is scheduled to leave before the end of the tournament. Then and only then can that extra player be added to an active team roster. (Certain exceptions may be granted by request).
- Every player must respect ALL calls made by the referee.
- All teams members must be registered and sign all waiver forms before they play their first game.
- Players must play at least 3 regular season games to be eligible for the Playoffs.
- ENJOY YOURSELF, HAVE FUN, AND PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!
MR. REFEREE – THE AUTHORITY FIGURE
Whether we like it or not, we can’t play the game without the referee. He is a necessary and valuable part of the game. We must try to transmit a positive feeling and understanding toward him.
The way in which we handle our relationship with the referee will greatly affect the way in which our players react to him. If respect, cooperation, and appreciation for their role is not stressed at practices, we are encouraging improper behavior and attitudes toward other authority figures.
Once again, WE must practice what WE preach. This especially applies to the head coach.